The Truth of Equality

I am writing this article with the intention of all-inclusiveness in the first person so that you also read this in the first person.

Equality

Equality is a status which ensures that everyone is treated equally. Equality sounds good in theory but its not a reality and this is evident in the world. Nothing is equal, mostly everything is unequal. Somebody has more of something and somebody has less of something.

Effort & Result

Not everyone is willing to work hard and earn. The mindset and attitude of an individual have a lot to do. There are tons of motivational stories of individuals who have consciously gone against the flow. It required a lot of hard work and going through stress to manifest. The underlying fact is that those who did not settle have achieved something much greater and better than expected.

There is natural inequality in the results too and it's visible. Getting results not only required hard work but also a complex thought process. Walking on a thin rope, there were time limitations making the path of achievement so narrow that it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

Luck factor

Luck is totally beyond my control, wouldn't worry too much about it. Wouldn't even give it any real estate in the mind space. Those who think that he/she is lucky will someday invite misery. Change is constant, things keep changing all the time. I need to just have trust and faith in myself and the process.

Story

When I reflect on my past, one mistake that I made was having a wrong attitude at the workplace. This attitude itself never gave me any job satisfaction. The problem was not in the tasks but in my attitude. Deep down, I felt that seniors generally give less and receive more. It was very naive of me to think this way without carefully observing them and learning from their stories. Inequality was in my mind throughout and that is why it manifested that way.

Conclusion

Those who talks about equality, according to me are the ones who don't believe in it. Most of the time, inequality is judged based on results and not processes. Judged on the present conditions because we do not know the future without considering the magic of change. I should be thinking about how I can become a better person and improve my process of working towards goals. Nobody is entitled to anything in first place. Having said that, it's good to have goals but stay detached from them and their result.

Formula: (Efforts + Thoughts) x Attitude = Result

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change to give another chance

Never Compromise On Your Vision