How habits can lock or unlock your potential?



Writing this article to share some of my personal life experiences to make you understand better what happens when you make the right and wrong choices. Hope this article will help you understand why overcoming addictions brings about a big change in life and after reading this article, I can assure you that the sky is the limit for you.

How are you locking your potential?

Most of us students and young professionals wait for the next Friday evening or Saturday night to meet friends, socialise and party. The initiative itself is not bad at all it is great to spend time in leisure activities with friends you enjoy spending your downtime. 

However, the problem lies in the activities we choose such as drinking, smoking, playing video games for hours or even binge-watching TV series. Without realising that all of these things have one thing in common and that is give you a dopamine high that you don't get every day at work or carrying out basic day to day activities. 

Ultimately, our happiness starts depending on the activities listed above and this leads to addictions. Ask yourself how does it feel when your device's battery dies or when the WiFi has gone down for some reason. 

It's time to question aren't we too dependant on gadgets and services to stay happy.

What to do? Start your detox journey.

I'll share what I did to overcome social media addiction, watching YouTube videos to kill time in quarantine during the lockdown. Your detox starts right when you decide your purpose in life and journal your goals. 

Top tips to start your detox:

1 - Meditate (at least 10 minutes to begin with)
2 - Journal (start writing your thoughts and goals)
3 - Keep your phone away from your eyes
4 - Exercise
5 - Dopamine fast 24 hours fast from electronics, music, conversations and if possible food. Food fasting is the most significant and I promise you will see a different person the next day, a mentally stronger version of yourself.
6 - Nutrition eat healthy and TIP- drink green tea instead of your favourite latte

How to unlock your potential?

The best way to start your journey is to start becoming the best version of yourself. Plan your activities daily around stuff that improves your capabilities and throw in a little bit of challenge - get out of your comfort zone. For instance, I can't do one pull up and even push-ups straight on the floor. Take it as a challenge with consistency and try every day. Also, use auto-suggestion and creative visualisation to manifest it into reality. This will help you believe in yourself and your brain will stay motivated because it has something tangible to achieve from its imagination. Do work on your action plan and make sure it's effective and you stay consistent and persistent.


I genuinely hope you found this article useful and a bit motivational to you. Accept that the lockdown crisis is challenging and at times even I get stressed but all I know is to come out of these difficult times as a WINNER. Please make the best use of this time and you will become an even better version of yourself than your pre-lockdown life. Humble request - DO NOT GIVE UP!

Thank you very much if you made it to the end. Would love to chat with you, I'm leaving my contact details below- feel free to reach out to me.

Comments

  1. Really too much inspirational. I read complete article the best point i knew that is put you in action and seeing positive visualisation along consistency and persistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, I think it is great.Not much and prompt straight to the point.Wish you and everybody enough motivation and will power to get through hard times in out life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change to give another chance

Never Compromise On Your Vision