Failure builds immunity and strength. This immunity and strength forms the foundation of success.
How does failure build immunity and strength?
Failure is part of life as much as success is. Without failure, I would not get the opportunity to find the right answer leading to success. Easy success on the other hand will someday lead to failure in a different aspect hence the struggle to some extent is important if I first learn what not to do. Then, I can identify what is it to do. During this process, I develop a hidden muscle in the mind and this muscle gets stronger after every failure if taken in the right spirit. I have to be super careful to take everything in the right spirit otherwise the world out there is anyways promoting and marketing cigarettes, alcohol, porn, junk food and even lifestyle. No offence to anyone. The only way to develop and by the way this hidden muscle is very essential because it´s simply not possible to be the best at everything on every day at every attempt. Otherwise, I would consider myself a god or superman whatever. What these addictions do is they somewhat weaken the muscle of failure and offer a temporary reward which after a few seconds, minutes, hours or days will be taken away.
How to identify whether I am taking failure in the right spirit?
Failure will make me humble, grounded, self-acceptance, open-minded to another process, willing to take another chance, tolerant and grateful for small successes. This is the right and sustainable way to fail.
Example
Been to the gym? I have heard that training to failure is what builds strength and leads to muscle growth. Failure in this context means, I tried to lift a heavy weight but could not successfully, still I kept trying to lift the weight for 8 or 10 or 12 or 15 repetitions. Taking this example from the weight training experience is on the physical aspect. However, this example is also true for the mental aspects as well just in a different style since the mind is more subtle because thoughts and emotions are intangible whilst muscles and heart health are clearly tangible and that too in numbers.
Conclusion
There cannot be a complete failure or complete success. Whoever is reading this article has or must have been through failure at some point but whoever you are, I just want to let you know that you are still successful in my eyes. I say this because you are probably reading this on your computer or smartphone and we all know how resourceful these gadgets are, acknowledge the fact that we own a gadget which has all the information in the world so consider yourself lucky and make the best use of this in the right way.

Comments
Post a Comment